Part 1 - Registration
1) A team can comprise a maximum of four members. If you do not have enough members to form a team, or have other friends who are very keen to take part but are really unable to form another team, please contact us for assistance on forming joint teams. For fairness (and perception of fairness), teams are not allowed to have additional unregistered team members participate in the solving or have access to the team's chat and/or working spreadsheet, even if they are not active solvers or just observers.
2) Due to admin constraints, the hunt can only support a limited number of participating teams. Hence registration is limited to/prioritized for Singaporeans/PRs, residents and former residents.
3) The full names and email addresses of each team member must be submitted when registering the team. Members also need to submit their Discord usernames and sign-in to the Singapore Puzzle Hunt Discord server for hunt purposes.
4) Registration fees are non-refundable once the team registration has been confirmed.
5) By registering for the puzzle hunt, all participants agree to abide by its rules, receive hunt-related communications on their registered email addresses and Discord, and to fully responsible for their own safety and that of their belongings during the puzzle hunt.
5) Registered teams may change their details or team members by emailing to inform the organisers in advance.
Part 2 - General
1) The hunt kicks off at 12.00pm. Each team will be given access to the puzzle site with all the puzzles to be solved. The hunt is intended to be completed by around 6.00pm. Teams may continue solving puzzles until 11.00am the following day, when the hunt wrap-up happens. However, responses from organizers may be delayed and intermittent after 8.00pm.
3) Teams may use any resources and references, printed or online, during the hunt.
2) Teams must work independently and not share puzzle information with other teams. Teams can obtain referential help on individual puzzles from others not involved in the hunt, but the external parties must not be active solvers or shadow members of the team.
3) Any team deemed by organisers to be engaging in misconduct, unsporting behaviour or abuse of the competition will be disqualified and ejected from the hunt venue immediately. This includes, but is not limited to: having additional unregistered team members/observers, cheating, spying on other teams, interfering with another team's progress, soliciting and/or stealing answers and intentionally sabotaging any aspect of the puzzle hunt. If the legitimacy of any answer is in doubt, the organisers reserve the right to ask a team how they approached and solved the puzzle.
4) The decisions of the organisers on all matters regarding eligibility and disqualification are final and no correspondence will be entertained.
If you have any questions, get in touch with us at email@example.com. Remember to add our address to your contact list so that you can receive our emails!